Navigating the constantly evolving technology landscape
Implementing Effective IT Security Policies
IT policies provide a framework for addressing challenges, ensuring compliance, managing risks, and harnessing the benefits of emerging technologies while maintaining stability and security within an organisation.
Some examples of the role that IT policies play include:
- Security - IT policies play a crucial role in a technology landscape that is continually evolving with new threats and vulnerabilities. They help to establish security protocols and best practices to protect an organisation's data, systems, and infrastructure, and outline the rules for user access, data encryption, password management and more to mitigate security risks.
- Managing Risk - Technology changes can introduce risks, IT policies address risk assessment, mitigation, and contingency planning in order to minimise the impact of any potential disruptions.
- User Guidelines - IT policies establish guidelines for employees on how to effectively and responsibly use applications and tools, helping to support productivity and the efficient use of technology resources.
- Data Management - IT policies define data collection, storage, processing, and sharing requirements, ensuring that data is handled consistently and responsibly, while maintaining integrity and privacy.
- Compliance - The laws and regulations governing technology and data use change over time, IT policies that are kept up to date ensure that an organisation stays compliant with relevant laws or industry-specific regulations, helping to avoid legal issues and potential fines.
Click below to view the whitepaper - Implementing Effective IT Security Policies.
Implementing Effective IT Security Policies
Navigation made easier
Designed to help an organisation navigate the technology landscape Policy Management as a Service is a cloud-based subscription solution that comes in 3 versions – Lite, Essentials and Premium.
Policy Management as a Service allows an organisation to deliver up to date IT Security Policies in under 5 weeks.
All the hard work of gaining expert knowledge, developing, and maintaining policies to keep them current and mapped to standards such as ISO, PCI-DSS and ASD Essential 8 is taken care of by our experts on behalf of our customers, thereby eliminating a sizable overhead.
Once in place, Policy Management as a Service makes the process of engaging and monitoring stakeholder and user interaction with the content both easy and visible.
Click below to view a comparison matrix of the Lite, Essentials, and Premium versions.
Version Comparison Matrix
New version of Policy Management as a Service released
Our second enhancement release of 2023 will be live during October. There are several new and improved functions in the October release, 2 examples being comprehension testing and a Policy Management as a Service (PMaaS) Exceptions Register.
Acceptable Use Policy Quiz
This new feature will be available to Lite, Essentials and Premium customers and is designed to test user comprehension of the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
Located in the Security Awareness section of PMaaS, the quiz will allow you to present users with a selection of questions to validate that they have read and understood your AUP. Users will get an onscreen and email notification of their quiz results.
Premium version sites can opt to require successful completion of the quiz before a user is allowed to progress to the onscreen acceptance of the AUP.
In the Client Menu, Primary Users will be able to:
- Create the quiz title
- Select a subset of questions from a predefined library of incorrect statements to use in the quiz
- Edit any of the predefined library of incorrect statements
- Toggle the display of a quiz on or off
- Set a secondary email address for quiz results to be cc’d to (e.g. HR) and tick a box to include the results in the email confirmation, or not
- Choose whether to allow a quiz to be retaken
- View all responses and associated scores
- Run reports to see quiz results
- Export quiz results to CSV
PMaaS Exceptions Register
This new feature will available to Lite, Essentials and Premium customers, the PMaaS exceptions register function will allow a Primary User to:
- Mark any policy statements within PMaaS as exceptions, and include notes
- View the statements that have been marked as exceptions along with the associated notes
- Edit the exception, including updating the status to resolved
- Export the exceptions register as a CSV file
Click below for full details on the new and improved features in Policy Management as a Service.
PMaaS New and Enhanced Features
Policy Management as a Service Enhancement Release >